Monday, July 21, 2008

Distress Stickles from Tim














This picture was the best I could get from the new terrific product Distress Stickles from Ranger. The color is Spiced Marmalade (hi Rachel from Tim) and after it has dried, you add Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick Distress Inks to the background. I suppose you could do it the other way around, but that's what I did. It is like colored rock sugar to look at it, and it feels the same way. VERY cool!!!!


TLFT: Tips Learned From Tim
Did you know that all blacks are a shade of green, or blue, or brown( I think those were the colors he stated). Anyway, they, the chemical gurus at Ranger, told him that there was no real TRUE black except in coal. So, he said, that's the color he wanted. The color from coal.....hence.....black soot. Rub any black ink on white paper and it has a shade of green, or blue or brown. Rub the Black Soot ink across white paper and it is BLACK. The truest black of them all.
So if you want a really black, black.....use Black Soot! .......Tim says!
(good thing this was his idea...)
*
*
And a wave of the hand to the girls at Cloud9. A really terrific group of people there, too. I LOVE their stamps. I used one of the clear stamps on my cards that I handed out at CHA. Really had fun with those. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their boxes. The new punch out stickers and transparencies are fabulous with their new papers! Beautiful colors.
Great work Amy and Nancy. Hope to talk to you soon.
Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - and hi to Tim from Miss Marmalade.

Love the look of the distress stickles!

K Hutchinson said...

oh- ah oh ah - those sticklers are gorgeous! I am off to check out Cloud9!

Alicia Sharp said...

I got some of those as well but have not had time to play with them. It was so nice to meet you at CHA and I am glad I got the chance. Glad you had fun and I had a blast! Is'nt Tim the greatest! I so love him!!

Jen Crossley said...

Oh they look interesting Linda thanks for sharing the info as well
Jen