Thursday, December 4, 2008

I've been playing with Photoshop and the Encaustic painting I did in class Tuesday. This is Tim's stamp on Grungeboard that was added to the painting along with a piece of ephemera and some scribbles in photoshop. The colors are really this bright. Not my usual choice, but fun.

I was of course trying to figure out how to "vintage " them down! It was a fun night. None of the Artist's there had heard of Grungeboard, of course, but they did love the man.

How could you not love "the man in the rain" stamp?

4 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Way cool!!!! I own photoshop but haven't had time to figure it out yet... maybe after the new year.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I just signed up for the 30 day trial for photoshop and am struggling with it. If I buy it, I'm gonna have to take a class. I really wanted it to help sharpen and smooth old photos but haven't had a huge amount of success, a little.

This piece is wonderful! I love the image AND background. So mysterious! I love the cool and warm color contrast too. And, I am in drawn in by the window - wanna know if that guy's peekin' - maybe longing for whatever a family is doing inside all snug and warm on a rainy night ... there's a story there.

I glittered something today! I love it, I stink at it, but I am expanding horizons. I bet Emma can use glitter better than I. Back to making "awt"!

marsha

Jen Crossley said...

This is beautiful Linda I love what you have done beautiful
Jen

On a Whimsey said...

Just great! Now I know encaustics but Grungeboard is a new one on me! Will have to check out Photoshop again.