Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cleaning out and finding treasures



I've been busy making projects for Creative Imaginations for several days. So I can't show you what I've done.


But, I was cleaning out my studio and found some old watercolors from a few years ago. The Watercolor Chicks and I used to enter the local Art Festival Contest every year. Now you see why I don't paint much any more!!! HA!


This is one I had made into cards and prints. It's a view from our Marriott hotel on the Intercoastal Waterway in Ft. Lauderdale. We used to go every February to get away from the Midwest cold.


We saw MANY very interesting sites here. Some I can't write about on a family blog..... The Yacht Races, HUGE ships from around the world, one owned by a Prince on his way to the Riviera. Beautiful and enormously expensive.


Then from the balcony we could see the Cruise ships in port on the other side of the bridge.


So, for today, I will show you a piece of my history in ART. Many of the things I learned from the Masters in the Watercolor field can be applied to the use of layering Distress Inks.


Just goes to show how you can learn techniques from many sources and apply it to your favorite medium at the time.


Less than a week until we take off for CHA!!!! Can't wait!!! must take an umbrella it looks like.....

7 comments:

Sharon Margiotta said...

What are you NUTS??? Thats an awesome water color!! The oh, so talented Holtz!! CHA .. so close .... you, will probably be in shorts and tank top ... me, i'll be in jeans and a jacket!! Gonna be fun!!

Susan said...

I think your watercolor is beautiful! Your painting talents have given you a great foundation for your current art. I'm so jealous you'll be at CHA. I went last year and loved it. Have fun and stay dry. Can't wait to hear your reports.
Susan

Lori said...

Yea, are you NUTS??? That's an awesome painting! Have fun at CHA!!

yoursartfully said...

This is fantastic, there is no end to your hidden talents Linda, you always amaze me!
See you next week, Lin x

Deb Smith said...

Absolutely love the watercolor. Don't drop it - you have such talent. Weather for CHA - rain through Friday then clearing off but temps only in the high 50's to low 60's. Sweater and jacket weather. See you at the airport Friday!!

Two Dog Pond said...

Is there ANYTHING you can't do? That is beautiful! "Enjoy CHA", she said with much envy.

TanishaRenee said...

Oh my word Linda, that is a beautiful water color painting!!! Hope we get a chance to meet at CHA!