Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm on the Road.....LOOK OUT!

Well, I'm off, shortly to Rosemont. CHA or BUST!

Hoping to have a great time and see some old friends, and finally meet some new ones.

It's gonna be HOT!

Here's what I worked on yesterday to wear.

Another Cuff Bracelet, a little more subdued, but none the less fancy.

It will be fun to wear at the convention.





I fell back on an old color combo favorite...burgundy and olive.

The trim with the pearls are actually from a baptismal gown I made for Erin probably 10 years ago.

It's the only piece of trim left, and it was exactly the right length.

Some thing just work out that way.





The flowers and Battenburg Lace trim are from my stash. Way too much water has gone under the bridge for me to remember who they were by.

Get out your loads of "stuff" and just play.

I know the green trim came from a shop in Springfield Missouri, as I recall.

Other than that....it's a mish-mash of things gone by.

And the vintage buttons are again the closure, but with a different design.

Be Well, I'll take pictures if I remember and post later.


Linda

6 comments:

Vic said...

Beautiful! Have a great time at CHA!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Oh this is stunning. I've wanted to make a cuff for the longest time but have sewing machine phobia so shied off from trying my hand at making one.
This is incredible and adore the trims you have used.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hi
Oh this is stunning. I've wanted to make a cuff for the longest time but have sewing machine phobia so shied off from trying my hand at making one.
This is incredible and adore the trims you have used.
Wishes
Lynne

Mo said...

Beautiful cuff, Linda! I'm going to have to try my hand at one.
Have a safe trip, stay as cool as possible and HAVE FUN.

Marjie Kemper said...

Honestly? Between the badge and the beautiful cuffs, you're asking to be mugged. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Kathie said...

I love your cuffs!! Have a great time! Can't wait to see what you pick up'