Sunday, January 5, 2014

Simple Tags

 I've decided to go with "Simple Tags" this year, with simple posts.
 
Who has time to really read all the blogs out there? Who just looks at the pictures and moves on?
 
Just wondering. I know I am pressed for time....
 
 
 This is a #8 tag with a stencil and Grunge Paste added. Then several layers of Distress Inks and some Copper Inka Gold.
 
The final layer is stamped images. Then I use a piece of plain chipboard to mount it on with a Tarnished Brass Distress Paint edge.
 
I sanded and buffed certain areas then layered two words onto manila cardstock I'd colored with Distress Inks.
 
 
I really like how the Copper shows up on the stenciling, and the sanding creates a brighter color around the Chicken Wire Stenciled areas.

Bracing for the severe Winter temperatures here tomorrow and just watching it snow today....time to Create Art!
 
Check out the links below for supplies at Inspiration Emporium. Use iecain81 code and get 10% off your order.
 
Linda
 
Products Used:
Stampers Anonymous - Classics #1, Tim Holtz-The Chemist
Tim Holtz-Idea-ology - Trimmings Naturals, Black & Cream
Ranger Inkssentials - #8 Manila Craft Tag
Inka Gold - Copper
PaperArtsy - GrungePaste
Black and Plain Chipboard 


17 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Yum... fabulous tag!
Alison x

Kathy Eddy said...

This is beautiful Linda!

Helen said...

It may be a simple tag (really?!) but it is of course, beautiful!! Stay safe through the storm... xx

Christina C. said...

WOW.....your tag is a work of art! Love, love it!

Sharon Y said...

Wonderful! Stay warm and safe.

Vic said...

"Simply" wonderful! Stay safe & warm.

mamablitger said...

Linda your tag is just gorgeous, i dont think it is simple. You achieved a great result using different mediums and sanding.
Hope the weather wont be too hard on you tomorrow... Better stay inside and create.......and share....lol
Hugs from SPAIN

bkazoo said...

Both are so striking, thanks for sharing

EvaM said...

Oh wow, its so cool!!!!
Have a nice day, Eva

Sandy said...

Amen Sister! Although I did start off a little heavy on my first post of the year. Will simplify!
Love your tag Linda!
sandy

Kay Wallace said...

Just love this!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag!

Elaine A said...

Happy New Year Linda! You always know what elements to put together to create a memorable and gorgeous piece of art. This piece is no exception. I love it! The colors are wonderful and I love the detail. Thanks for sharing with us.

Elaine Allen

suzieq23 said...

Happy New Year! I know you must be so busy, but I for one love your art, so anything you post will be appreciated and inspiring. How about once a month do something other than a tag? Would that be too often? Thanks, Sue

Kathi said...

Absolutely wonderful tag.

I always read your entire blog post and learn so much from each of them.

Stay warm!

Linda M. Cain said...

OH!!! I will definitely do more than just tags. I just wanted to cut back on the length of the posts. Wait until you see what's coming in just the month of January!!!

Anja v K@@rten said...

Very beautifull, you used the wriht colors!! Lovely.
Groetjes, Anja