Friday, September 11, 2015

Skellies and Jack o'Lanterns Halloween Hutch

It seems like a long time since I've played with paper.... I've missed the fun and texture that comes with a project like this.

So, I got out the glue stick, the paints, my favorite Graphic45 papers,
 and of course
supplies!


I'll give you a couple of step-outs for this
Ornate Flourish ATC Shrine.


I add my Graphic45 papers first. Then I used pop dots to add the Antique Sugar Skull paper cuts and the black chipboard Bat Cut-Outs. 


 Here you can see the 2 layers of papers on the outside.


I love how this paper that fit perfectly on the back.


 I used the Precious Metal Colour Purple on the Candlestick base. (currently out of stock, but Copper is shown on the link)


The Engraved Pumpkins are painted with a couple of shades of Fresco Paints and the Flourishes have Mica Powders mixed with Soft Gloss Gel to make a paint. This is amazing stuff, really beautiful mica shine. I used Green, but Kristin has Teal...really close.

You can see the G45 Skull Stamp on the side here.


The inside has a Halloween Lantern on the back. I used a Wink of Stella Brush to add the light glitter all over the Spooky Trees, Bats, Broken Fence, and the Pumpkins here. It's pretty cool. 


The Spider Web Corners are painted with a Silver metallic paint and glued to the top with the Bat Wand

Here you can see the sparkle of the glitter pen. It's always so hard to capture the mica shine. You need 2 separate light sources.


Some Green-Yellow Inka Gold and Rust Guilder's Paste here and there, plus White paint dots, break up the color to add contrast.

Of course, the Antique Skeleton Paper Cuts really make this piece come to life!

I hope I've inspired you to get out your art supplies and make a fun project of your own. Check out the embedded links to
Retro Cafe Art Gallery 
and get started!!!

Linda

2 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

SO awesome!!! You always rock Halloween! Just loving the depth of this piece!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda - this piece is so awesome. You add the little details that really make a project - I love it!