Friday, November 6, 2015

Glass Glittered and Beaded Snowflakes

Here's a quick and easy project for making some sparkle and shine ornaments with
Retro Cafe Art Gallery 
Snowflakes.


The Gold Snowflake is a Layered Masonite Snowflake Ornament-Style 1 and the Silver on is Style 4. 



Here's how I mix my Gold Rush and Copper Glass Glitter with some Bronze Micro Beads to sprinkle onto the Snowflakes. 

First I painted the Snowflakes with gold and silver metallic acrylic paints and then added the mixtures of Glass Glitter and Micro Beads with 3D Gloss Gel.



I added some Finnabair Snowflake Paste to the frame piece of the Snowflake that has it's own glitter in it.

Hope you're inspired to play. So get busy, time is a wasting!

Linda

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks for sharing...THEY are so so SWEET!!!!!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

So glittery and magical! Just love them! xoxo

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda - your ornaments are lovely and have a wonderful vintage feel! They remind me of some of my grandmother's ornaments which hung on the huge entryway tree - good memory.

Susan said...

Just wonderful! what fun.
Susan

Unknown said...

Beautiful ornaments Linda. My Mama used to have a white tree - these would have been gorgeous on it! j